Wednesday, November 16, 2016

And this time, drugs...

Well, of course I´m very familiar with, you guess it right, alcohol. Who doesn’t like a good whiskey or wine? In my case I prefer rum and vodka. Apart for that I smoke marihuana from time to time and recently I started smoking cigarettes, but also from time to time. Since I only smoke marihuana when I am on a party, honestly I can’t separate the effects of it from the effect of the alcohol. Funnily enough I don’t drink coffee, but I consume caffeine anyway, I drink a lot of sodas (I love pepsi) and energy drinks, I admit that I am addicted to sugar, I try to consume less but I can’t.
Obviously the observable effects of a drug on a person varies on the drug, by example alcohol make the person dizzy and later the person can´t speak normally; marihuana make
the person appear calm and the eyes get red, etc. And of course we can speak of the benefits of some drugs, we don’t need to talk about medicines (that doesn´t mean that some medicines can´t produce addiction, a lot of people get addicted to them, morphine by example), some alcohols, like wine and beer have properties that benefits the body, like wine being an antioxidant, marihuana also gets a lot of medicinal uses, the most common is as an analgesic in treatments such as chemotherapy.
Drug addiction is a serious problem, aside from the obvious negatives effects on the health of a person, the social repercussion is large. Usually an addicted member can break the family, either because of money problems caused by the consumption or the behavior to the other family members. The withdrawal symptoms (or abstinence syndrome) vary upon the different drugs, but they are commonly, first of all desire to consume the drug again, and then: dehydration, sickness, shivers, headaches, irritability, insomnia, fever, etc.

Luckily I don’t have any close relative that suffer from drug addiction.     

4 comments:

  1. the sugar is a very important addictive substance, I've tried to leave the coca cola but it is impossible

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, personally I don't like the taste of alcohol, I think that's why I'm not addicted to this type of drug. But sugar... It's impossible to not be addicted to its sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Energy drinks !! i love them, but im money short so i have to wait until i drink a good ol´ Battery

    ReplyDelete