Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Everything is in English!

 Well this English course (since I only had to take English IV it’s the only course I can talk about), speaking honestly, didn’t help me much in terms of vocabulary, since the material that what use is very old, a language it’s something that changes through time so it needs an update from time to time, and also it is for British English, so a lot of words and phrases that I didn’t know I knew how to say them in American, but it help me a lot to improve my redaction, I wrote in English only a few times for tests in high school, so having to write a blog every week was very helpful. So the only thing that I need to improve is my pronunciation and getting to speak smoothly, but I think that for me is not helpful exercise it in the classroom, I think that I can only get better by actually speaking more in English with other people in more everyday situations. For outside the English class, I practically only consume English media, movies, series, music, videogames, board games, videos, comics, articles, news, etc, outside from facebook, I only read in English. Around 2012 I started to watch only videos in English in youtube, and since then I search everything in English, specially movies and series, I hate with my soul dubbed media, I think that if it is dubbed it kills it completely, I once resold a game without even playing it because it was dubbed, so now if I don’t find it subtitled I watch it in English at the cost of missing a few words, but there is always the possibility that someone in it have a weird accent so despite you knowing a lot of English you are not going to understand it anyway.        

2 comments:

  1. I need really improve my pronunciation and I forget put on my blog :c

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire and envy your ease with the language.

    ReplyDelete